Broad bean and pea frittata
Prep 15 mins
Cook: 25 minutes
For this delicious dish you will need:
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 – 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 6 – 8 cooked new potatoes, sliced
- 100g each podded fresh peas and broad beans
- 6 free-range eggs
- 50g hard local goat’s cheese, cubed
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 Beat the eggs with the seasoning and add what is in the pan. Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan until smoking and pour in the egg mixture. Cook over a medium heat for 4 - 5 minutes until the egg is set and the base is golden. Put the pan under the grill to cook the top. Turn onto a plate and serve warm or at room temperature.
Author, food writer and editor
Mary Gwynn is a local author and food writer. With seven books including The WI Cookbook: The First 100 Years and The Busy Mum’s Cookbook to her name, she writes regularly for Waitrose Weekend newspaper and has appeared as a guest judge on The Great British Menu and cooked for John Craven on Countryfile. She is on the committee of Penshurst Farmers Market.