The Chaser Inn,
Shipbourne, Kent TN11 9PE
Print a PDF version of this page HERE>
Local White & Green Asparagus & Broad Bean Pappardelle, with fresh pea & mint puree and shaved parmesan
- 10 grams broad beans shelled
- 20 grams frozen peas
- 4 sprigs mint
- Vegetable stock
- 2 spears of green asparagus blanched (chopped into three)
- 2 spears of white asparagus blanched (chopped into three)
- 15 grams shaved parmesan (or local hard cheese)
- 150 grams fresh pappardelle pasta
- Salt & pepper
To make the pea puree, sauté the peas and mint until soft (few minutes) and blend with stock until smooth and resemble a thick soup consistency.
Take the blanched asparagus and beans and sauté with a the pea puree, add the fresh pappardelle, season and cook for a few minutes until the pasta is soften but still with bite.
Serve in a large bowl and top with shavings of fresh parmesan.