Spiced butterflied lamb with griddled aubergine
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 50 mins plus marinating time (overnight if possible)
- 2.5 kg leg of lamb, butterflied
- large bunch fresh mint
- grated rind and juice of 2 lemons
- 4 – 5 cloves garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 150 ml natural yogurt
- 4 medium aubergines, sliced lengthways
- salt and ground black pepper
2 Light the barbecue (or oven to 200C gas mark 6). Remove the lamb from the marinade and cook on the barbecue for 45 – 50 minutes turning until just cooked through but still pink. Remove the lamb to a warm platter, cover loosely with foil and leave to rest for 10 -15 minutes.
3 Brush the aubergines with the leftover marinade and cook on the barbecue for 8 – 10 minutes (while the lamb is resting) until charred and cooked through. Serve with the sliced lamb.