Our objective is to keep Customers safe !
Consequently we presently operate an 'ON-LINE FARMERS MARKET' combined with a 'DRIVE THRU' customer pick up'. Our 'Virtual Market ' is open for browsing and shopping from Saturday morning to Wednesday midday. Orders can be then be picked up at Shipbourne Village Hall on Thursday mornings.
Due to the re-emergence of Covid, combined with our restricted venue at the Church, we decided to continue with the On line/Drive Thru market. We continue to keep the situation under review.
We have volunteers willing to deliver locally to those who cannot get out. If you cannot get on line or have problems with using the system or payment method please call Bob on 07768643614.
The 'Kent Foodie' visited the market recently. Click here to learn of her visit
How does it work
- Click on [SHOP NOW]
(displayed on top of this screen).
- Start shopping by Producers or the list of food categories.
- When you have finished shopping check your basket and then press [CONFIRM]
to finalise your order.
- An email will immediately be sent to you detailing the items and value of purchases and how to pay. (Note: Items sold by weight will have the amount pinned to your purchase when you pick it up)).
- Every Wednesday we will send you your 'Pick up time slot' outside the Village Hall.
- Write or Print your Order No. and Name on a piece of paper when you arrive.
- Our helpers will load up your car. Drive away with your Order !
Click on 'REMINDERS' (displayed on the left of the screen) to request our newsletter which informs you as to what's on at the market .
Awards won by Shipbourne market
- 2020 Winner of Kent Life Award for the 'Best Food and Drink Initiative during Lockdown'
- 2020 featured in the Government's 'Great Inspirations' by not closing and re-inventing itself as a safe place to shop during the Covid crisis
- 2020 Farm Retail Association 'Best Farmers Market'
- 2018,2016, 2014, 2012, 2011, 2009, 2005 Best Farmers Market in Kent
- 2007 we were a finalist in BBC Radio 4' Food and Farming program
In 1285, Edward I granted the village of Shipbourne permission to hold a weekly market. In May 2003, with the help of a grant from Rural Revival, the Parochial Church Council re-inaugurated the market. Our objective is to provide a focus for the community and a retail outlet for small local producers. The Market is run entirely by volunteers. Any surplus made by the market is donated to Agricultural charities.