The Association has drawn up both procedures which we think you may find useful and a list of supplies which you may wish to use.
We believe it is imperative for us as Farmers Markets to ensure the safety of both our customers and Producers so we have decided to offset the cost of common signs to all our markets. In addition, with many Local Authorites discouraging the use of cash and prefering contacless payments we feel we should share these extra costs with our members and so we are offering to subsidise the cost of card readers until Sept 1st.
The Re-opening Plan:-
Your Local Authority/ Parish Council may request to see a Plan before allowing you to re-open your market. This should take into account :-
- Social Distancing. This will have a major impact on the layout of your market. You need you think about how many customers can enter the market area at any one time, how many stalls you can accomodate, space between stalls, space for customers to queue at stalls, customers direction and flow around the market. It could even affect the time you need to keep the market open. You will also need SIGNS to guide customers, Hand Sanitisers and possibly marshals to help you to control the running of the market
- Environmental Health implications. You will need to offer hand saniter facilities for the public. Stallholders , must be reminded to have hand washing and santising facilities. Pre packed food should be encouraged, but tasters/samples are NOT permitted. Special cash handling procedures may be required. As reagrds indoor markets, you may have offer cleaning routines both during and at the end of the market. Environmental Health may wish to see your Plan and Risk Analysis.
- Customer socialising Kitchens are out of bounds at the moment. Seating areas should be discouraged
The following Guides will be updated as regulations change and when we have additional information (Just click on the name)
As many signs are common to most Markets, the Association can offer you the following signs printed on Correx at no cost.
Size : A2
- Keep Your Distance
- One Way
- Queue Here
- Market Open
Size : A3
- Santiser Station
- Payment by Card preferred
Signs take a week from order to receipt. We have to order in 10ís. so we may have some in stock.
To Order :- Please send a list to firstname.lastname@example.org and date required
We have an agreement with Izettle for members to obtain card readers for £19 + VAT and a transaction charge of 1.5%.
As many Environmental Health Departments are trying to discourage cash we, the Association, will subsidise the price of the Card readers for members so the cost to you will be £10.
If you already a KFMA member we will refund you the amount.
If you wish to join KFMA we will reduce your Membership fee by £12.80.
This offer is time limited & runs until Sep 1st 2020.
To order please email email@example.com
Membership: To join KFMA please contact Laura@kfma.org.uk .
We can order the following hand sanitiser products on your behalf and subsidise some of the cost:
- 250ml pump bottle - £2.00
- 500ml pump bottle - £3.50
- 500ml refill pouch - £3.00
Prices include delivery. Orders must be in by end of day on Tuesday 11th August - email firstname.lastname@example.org
Government Information Guides