Simply inform Laura (either via Email email@example.com, or call on 07799 645205) with your contact details (Name, Trading name, email address) and whether you intend to take out the insurance package when your insurance runs out. We will send you an invoice and Membership Certificate, stickers and more information will follow (Note: PLEASE make sure you send us the correct information to appear on your certificate).
The subscription cost is £50 (or £45 if taking out the Stallholder insurance package either now or when your present insurance lapses).
You can pay on line by BACS and Paypal (please insert your name as reference) cheque or cash (please pay a Manager who in turn will pay us)
In all cases we will send you a receipted invoice
This is a voluntary Association formed to help markets and by definition, stallholders, prosper. It is run by volunteers and is a not for profit organisation. The concept is based on the premise that by working together we can be stronger than the individual parts. Initially it was developed to help Market Managers but we now wish to extend membership to include benefits for producers.
Membership involves subscriptions which will be used to ‘market the markets’ and to help you improve your businesses. By working together as a large group we can help you REDUCE operating costs.
For your membership fee you will get:
- Quantity discounts on supplies and some events (click here)
- Discounted insurance package
- Priority listing on our web site and your own web site page.
- Links from our web site to your own website, social Facebook and twitter
- Priority information regarding new events, new markets, new legislation.
- KFMA brand stickers
- Networking/training/discussion groups facility to meet others
Together, we can make a difference
Chairman Kent Farmers Market Association
We neither have a glossy brochure to give you and money or time to mail information out so all correspondence must be via email or phone). We would ask you to help any colleagues without email addresses by printing out this and the attached information.
Stallholder Membership PackAims:
- To provide services and facilities to help members improve their businesses.
- To stimulate the demand for fresh, high quality, local produce
- To support a ‘farmers market’ brand to add value to products and provide shopper assurance (1)
- To enable members to meet, network and to discuss new ideas, issues and opportunities.
- To keep members up to date regarding legislation impacting on food and trading
- Producer Member; i.e. a local food or drink producer that grows, raises, catches, brews, bakes or manufactures etc in line with KFMA policy guidelines.
- Affiliated Producer member, i.e. those that are not yet fully accredited local food or drink producers
- Artisan member of Local Arts and Crafts (non food products) using local materials where feasible
- Associate Member – Organisations which share the aims and objectives of KFMA, e.g. food festivals, farm shops, etc.
- To benefit from increased public awareness via publicising of marketing and events
- The use of the KFMA brand and logo to promote your own business and markets
- A Certificate of Membership
- Provision of opportunities for developing your business
- Priority entry on the main web pages of the Associations website and dedicated web page, which can be fully controlled by you, and linked to your wn web site , facebook, twitter.etc
- Priority information re new market start ups, events, wholesale opportunities. Discounts for events
- A KFMA certificate (making your stall stand out from the crowd)
- KFMA stickers to include on your packaging
- Training Days/Marketing workshops
- Advice and guidance on marketing (Marketing toolkit)
- Stallholder Insurance package
- Listing on our 'Virtual Farmers Market' the key location on our web site where re-sellers will look for new products
- Access to advice and guidance on hygiene, legislation affecting producers and new products
- Bulk discount opportunities (e.g. signage, printing, gazebos, tables, etc)
- £50 p.a.(or £45 if you also take out the G M Imber Stallholder insurance package in the same year)
- Accredited members have voting rights within the Association and are eligible to become Board Members
(1) A brand is a 'promise of an experience' and conveys to consumers a certain assurance as to the nature of the product or service they will receive. (http://www.ipo.gov.uk – the Intellectual Property Office).